Pronunciation:/ m’ploy’m(e)nt / [noun]
Oxford Dictionary definition: /
- The action of giving work to someone
- A person’s trade or profession
174 Law definition: /
The risks and responsibilities facing employers are many with the penalties for default severe. At 174 Law we offer not only highly competent legal expertise to employers but the experience of an established track record for good management of employment issues and the delivery of an effective employment team in pursuing commercial objectives.
Our employment law department already provides sound, clear and pragmatic advice to many businesses both, small and large, tailored to the client’s needs and budget. Maximising efficiency and ensuring appropriate performance from staff are key issues for any business.
Reorganisation and/or redundancy may be necessary. Performance management and accountability can lead to employee challenge particularly in difficult economic times.
Key services we offer include
- Employment claims and disputes
- Redundancy arrangements
- Redundancy selection processes
- Executive performance and termination
- Performance and Disciplinary issues
- Compromise Agreements
- Employment Contracts
- Contract Variation (including pay)